Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What Suits You?

Last time I checked it was January and that means we are in the WINTER season! So, why are so many people acting like they didn't get that memo? I know it can be deceiving when the temperatures are in the mid 70's and low 80's (loving SF weather right now!) but is it really swimsuit season again?

Apparently, it is because everywhere I go stores have started selling them! I might even be guilty of buying one myself this weekend? There has been too much propaganda for me to resist! The emails, the store windows, and the billboards basically put me in a corner and I had no choice but to buy my first swimsuit of 2009.

MY FAV'S (so far):
Favorite Trend this season: Ruffles! They are so feminine and flirty!

Favorite Website: Everything But Water- its the best Ive seen, hands down!
Favorite Brand: I LOVE Betsey Johnson's swimwear! She has great mix and match pieces.
Favorite Two-piece: These two from Anthro have caught my eye.

Favorite Tankini: I think this Juicy tankini is pretty dang cute. Is that just me?

Favorite One piece: Its cute, sassy and I love that its a vintage style.

Favorite Deal: Gotta love Target! What more do I really need to say? See for yourself!

WHATS BEST FOR YOUR BODY?
Best choice for curvier women: For those who are bottom heavy and/or are looking for something that covers their stomach- Bestey has the BEST options! Her tankini's are long and she has matching bottoms that cover more for those who like that. Skirts or "boy short" style bottoms are best.

Best choice for small chested women: Triangle tops are perfect with those with less on top. Nothing is worse than when women try to squeeze into a top and are one wave (or dive) away from loosing it all. "Vix" and "L*Space" have great bikinis perfect for this body type.

Best choice for big chested women: I suggest halter tops or something with under wire. Stay away from triangle tops and bandeau tops. I suggest looking online at JCREW and Victoria's Secret if you are more endowed than some:)

*REMEMBER: Bikini's are like spandex. They are a privilege, not a right!

5 comments:

H and E said...

You seriously crack me up! Ok so come to Canada and you will see no advertising for swimsuits, in fact I am so white right now I think it would be a crime for me to put on a swimsuit! I love that Tankini and one piece at the bottom. You got me in the mood to do some swimsuit shopping!

Natalie and Boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie and Boys said...

I love the Juicy Tank. and I want it bad!

Amy said...

Brittany - where is the one piece from?

Brittany Claire Norman said...

hey Amy! Its from Urban Outfitters- so cute, huh?