Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spice up your life!

I love all things Gossip Girl! Especially when it comes to their fashion. I've been trying to avoid doing a Gossip Girl post because I know that I will be referencing Serena, Blair, and Little J's style often. But I cant hold off any longer! After last night's episode, I felt it was only right to pay my respects to Bart Bass by posting my first official GG fashion tip!

We cant all afford their style from head to toe, but we can afford to have it on our legs...
TIGHTS are the perfect way to spice up your wardrobe!





Fashion DO'S and DONT'S while wearing tights:
  • DO wear them with boots or flats in a contrast color
  • DON'T combine colors that become a holiday- even when its done on purpose, its still tacky! (i.e. black dress and orange tights: Halloween or red and green checkered dress and red tights: Christmas)
  • DO wear them with confidence!
  • DON'T wear them in replace of pants. If the dress or skirt is too short for you to wear alone, make sure you opt for an opaque tight or legging
  • DO wear textured and patterned tights
  • DON'T wear footless tights (unless you are wearing them with boots and the bottoms can't be seen)
BUDGET HINT: Tights are cheap anywhere you buy them! Find them even cheaper at Target and Forever 21.

4 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

So glad someone else loves tights as much as I do. I just added blue tights today to my collection of pink, purple and yellow. Love them!

H and E said...

I love it! I love Gossip Girl and I love tights, of course up here I need some serious thick tights to keep me warm! Oh and I also love you!

Brittany Claire Norman said...

That's why I like you, Aubrey! You had me at Coca Cola Light, but now I'm in it for the long haul!

And Em- maybe you should triple your tights? That might help in your FREEZING cold Canadian weather! xoxo

Jason and Jeni said...

brit this made me happy...love me some gossip girl...you are so cute...i love all your fashion advice..you are good at what you do:)

ps: our next convo will have to be about gossip girl...i need to someone to talk to about it!