Thursday, December 4, 2008

In with the old.

Part II of Thanksgiving break was spent in my FAVORITE place- Sun Valley, Idaho. I absolutely love it there. Its beautiful! There is so much character; everything from the people to the shops. Sun Valley is not known for its great deals, so sorry that this post is not "budget friendly".

Sun Valley has THE BEST vintage shop called Deja Vu. If you have ever been to "Decades" in LA, Deja Vu is very similar but BETTER! The pieces are unique and much more reasonably priced. You can find everything from a 1930's Chanel lamp to an original Yves Saint Laurent pant suit (remember he's the genius designer that started that trend!). Every time I'm there I am inspired! I wish we could go back to the days of flapper dresses and Jackie Kennedy style hats. I didn't buy anything this visit (I had my eye on a 1960's Adele Simpson dress that I could never afford but did make my mouth water! And a 1980's Chloe dress that I might have dreamt about in the last week?!)

During my visit, I also decided that I will find my wedding dress there. She has some amazing white dresses that I can picture making into an even more amazing wedding dress! I am SO mad that I forgot my camera because my description can not do this place justice!

I have to put in a plug for the woman who owns the shop. She is adorable and knows her stuff! She has found amazing fashion gems from all over and brought them back to life. The pieces in the shop look brand new and she refuses to sell anything that is not in mint condition. If you ever have the chance to visit- DO NOT pass it up!

Here is the 1940's "Ginger Rogers" dress that a wonderful friend bought me as a gift last year from Deja Vu. It was THE BEST surprise! I love it! Here's a a couple pictures but it only gives you a glimpse of how great this dress is. Thanks BB:)

3 comments:

H and E said...

Your hot....and so is that dress!

Shauna said...

oh i love that dress....even though i had to rebuild it...it was worth every penny

Natalie and Boys said...

The picture doesn't do the dress justice!