Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fashion Freak!

I spent the Thanksgiving holiday in the lovely state of Idaho. I started off the week in my moms home town of Idaho Falls. As we ran errands around town, I felt cute and fashionable in my Kelly green tights, tall brown boots, off- white sweater tunic/dress, long brown coat and hat. My fashion bliss only lasted through the entry of Sam's Club when I felt hard stares and even heard whispers. Someone even came up to me and said they've never seen an outfit like it. Then she proceeded to quote lyrics from a song out of the top 20 from 1999. I continued to hold my head up high even while my mom started going back to her Idaho roots and began making fun of me too (apparently you can take the girl out of Idaho but you cant take a Idaho out the girl). I was a FASHION FREAK!!!

Luckily, I was not fazed and even some good came out of it- who knew you could buy designer handbags at Sam's Club? Not me! And fortunately, because I am a fashion freak in Idaho Falls the bag I wanted (that no one else wanted!) was marked down EXTRA LOW!

Original price: $250.00
Sam's Club price: $150.00
Fashion Freak in Idaho mark down price: $50.00

This one too! (they had it in both red and black- I opted for the black)

Original price: $300.00
Sam's Club price: $175.00
Fashion Freak in Idaho mark down price: $120.00

Want to know what the best part is? (other than the price!) The bag's named Brittany!!! It was meant to be! Santa will make me (and his pocket book) happy on Christmas morning!

3 comments:

H and E said...

Ha ha I love it! I have totally been in that position before, you think you are hot stuff but the small town people think you came straight out of L.A. oh wait you did! Congrats on the bags that is awesome!

Emily said...

That outfit sounds super cute!! Idaho is definitely not up to date..its totally fine.

Jason and Jeni said...

i was reading this and when you were describing your outfit i was thinking "you are soo adorable"..and then you said people thought you looked like a freak...just shows that little towns aren't ready for the big city type...i wish you had a pic of you in your outfit...to prove to us all how cute you look:)

love your new purses too by the way!