Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm still Brittany from the block...

After a LONG hiatus, I am back and ready to blog! I've made some pretty big changes in my life since my last post- I now live in Salt Lake City- not known for being the fashion capital of the world, but better than you might think! With prescriptions to my favorite fashion mags (yes- PREscriptions, NOT- SUBscriptions! They are basically a drug to me!), frequent trips back to California, an Anthropologie near by, and constant internet shopping, I am able to survive here in the cold! Which isn't too bad since I LOVE winter clothes!

In September I married my best friend and have never been happier! One thing that marriage has taught me about myself is how much I love home decor! Now that I have my own home, I can finally appreciate my mom's OCD about my house growing up!

One thing that has not changed about me, is that I still like to shop (and now decorate) on a budget! I still hate v-necks and love a good pair of jeans, but most importantly- I still believe that money does not buy style or that the lack of it is an excuse not to have any!

3 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

I'm so glad you are back. I have no money and McKayla says "just because you are a mom, doesn't mean you have to dress like one". So tell me how to dress not like a mom but still on a budget.
Oh and I want to see pictures of your house and all the decor!

H and E said...

Umm lets talk about how happy I was when I opened up my google reader and there was a post by you!!!! Yeah you are back and I am happy! Can't wait for some styling tips!

Kali said...

Brittany I just found you blog. And you need to help me!! How does one stay stylish with a student budget? you say it can be done?? I mean I can't set foot into stores such as anthropologie without my neck getting wrung (ha!) ... what are your tricks?? You always look amazing! (getting married and having my own home has made home decorating take over my thoughts too haha ) P.S. good self tanner tips! Have you ever tried faux tanner?? wondering how the two compare if you have. Heard it is good. kaliponder@gmail.com :)